Public Works Department executes its works through contracting. Contractors are selected through competitive bidding process and the works are awarded to the lowest bidder. The bids (tenders) are open to all contractors registered in PWD or in any other recognized organizations under State Govt. or Govt. of India irrespective of registration status and who fulfill the qualification criteria in the bid document as per the provision in the bidding document. For works costing above Rs. 5 Crores pre-qualification tender is followed.
The Public Works Policy-2018 suggests for online software systems for improving the interactions between the Contractor and the Department to bring about constructive changes and to improve efficiency and transparency in the execution of works. Based on this an online portal for contractors have been developed as part of the PRICE software of PWD which is envisaged as a central portal for all Government Contractors. The following activities are envisaged in this portal.
- Contractor licensing and renewal
- Contract agreement execution and related matters
- To view the details of works awarded to a contractor and to submit various applications related to the works, to view measurements of works and to enter measurements of work done(for works above 5 Crores)
- To do other matters related to works awarded to a Contractor.
- Contractors performance monitoring system
In order to have access to these portals, a Contractor is required to register in this portal and to get a userid and password.